Monday, September 1, 2014

Kingfisher Blue Mile Challenge

Kingfisher Blue Mile challenge is back this year with a dose of real adventure this season! This time a lucky group of people will get to trek to incredible Mt.Everest Base Camp (EBC) along with kingfisher team. If you want to nominate yourself for this challenge, don't waste time, just head here.

I was lucky enough to get invited for the Hyderabad leg of this challenge that held this weekend (Aug 30-31st, 2014). There were 30 like-minded participants for the adventure camp out from Karnataka, Mumbai and Hyderabad. We had lots of fun doing various adventure activities like trekking, bouldering, rock climbing, rappelling and river crossing under expert guidance (check out this video for yourself). Thankfully weather was very supportive this weekend to enjoy all the activities. Though I am not promoted to the next level of the challenge, I am quite happy I got to be part of the adventure camp out among thousands of other applicants. Oh yes!! also got to experience what it is to party with "Kingfisher team" !! ;-) \m/ \m/


Update: More photographs from this event here.

After attending this event, it is too difficult for me not to recall my own adventures high up on those slopes when I did this trek back in 2009! In a semi frozen state and with numb fingers I sat atop Mt. Kala Patthar summit saying to myself - "Damn! yes I've made it! I've seen the majestic giant beyond the text books and photographs. I've seen it in reality and felt the numbing cold for myself!!"

My Photograph of Mt. Everest, Base camp and Khumbu Glacier 
from the summit of Kala Patthar at 18,519 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!
Spamming comment or advertisements will not be approved.